A versatile precision Fretting Tool with more than one use!.
Emery is the jewellery industry choice for manual re-sizing and finishing of precious metals due to its combined abrasive and polishing properties. Perfect for Fret Levelling!.
- 250mm long x 25mm wide Precision Formed Fret Levelling Tool (effective abrasive length 200mm).
- Detachable Hardwood Handle.
- 8x strips of 25mm wide coarse abrasive (cloth backed).
- 8x strips of 25mm wide smooth abrasive (cloth backed).
- 4x strips of double sided 25mm wide fine abrasive (paper backed). (8 effective abrasive lengths).
- Allen Key.
Dependant on fret wear, the abrasive included is sufficient for 4-6 fretting jobs, however as the emery becomes smoother with use, the abrasive should not be discarded too soon as it can be retained for lighter/polishing work.
The tool is also useful for detail sanding & rasp sanding of wood by incorporating suitable alternative abrasives.
(Genuine Emery should not be used directly on wood).
Further detailed information on this tool can be found on the Fret Levelling page.
2 options of Spare Fret Levelling Abrasive can be purchased from the Webstore:
Coarse - Smooth - Fine (Heavy wear)
Smooth - Fine (Light wear)
(Please note: The term 'emery' is widely misquoted as a description for coated aluminium oxide which does not produce the same lustre of finish as genuine emery).
EMERY FRET LEVELLING TOOL
"These are very sweet tools. I've bought before, and I'll buy again". Darrell J.,Sydney, Canada
“Fantastic tool - Useful for various purposes and built to last”. R.W., Nottingham, UK.
“Excellent tool!!!Thanks!!!”. S.K., Livorno, Italy.
“Lovely made item”. M.C., Doncaster UK.